Symptoms Of Blood Cancer2018-10-14
When you have blood cancer, the bone marrow starts producing white cells in an uncontrolled manner, and in vast quantities; this results in the disruption in the normal functioning of the body. If detected at an early stage, the patient can be cured.
It is always important to take care of our body to be fit and health. This does not only prevent illness but also keeps us young and beautiful. Another way to take care of our body, to keep us fit, is through cosmetic surgery where age may only be just a number and that our complexity will be retained.
Signs and Symptoms
There are so many symptoms of blood cancer which have been revealed by medical experts. Symptoms of blood cancer will differ depending on its type, and where the white cells have accumulated in the body. So, if the cancerous cells have spread into the brain, then the person may experience symptoms like a headache or eyesight problems. In general, the common symptoms are:
- A headache
- Poor eyesight
- Vomiting- You will feel like vomiting or be able to vomit from time to time.
- Loss of weight- Patients will have will be able to lose a lot weight.
- Difficulty in breathing- In many cases patients who have blood cancer will have some challenges when it comes to breathing, due to slow movement of blood within the lungs.
- Frequent and recurrent infections
- Lack of hunger- You will not be able to easily feel hungry and you will feel that you are full.
- Swollen lymph nodes of the groin or neck- Since the blood may not be flowing freely within your nodes, it may start to swell mostly at the neck and groin.
- Unusual fever
- Sweating at night- You will be able to sweat a lot while you are sleeping at night
- Enlargement of the spleen or liver- If you visit you doctor today and you find that you have enlarged liver, then you should know that you may be having blood cancer.
- Tenderness of bones- In many cases when you have blood cancer, you will feel weak, due to limited energy supply to your bones.
Blood Cancer Treatment
Bone Marrow Transplant: This transplant helps in restoring normal cells in the body that have been destroyed during radiotherapy or chemotherapy. Herein, the affected bone marrow needs to be replaced. It’s an effective blood cancer treatment method that you can use.
Blood Tests are quite helpful in diagnosing blood cancer; then, there are diagnostic methods like chest x-rays, MRI scan, CT scan and ultrasound that can be used to detect the presence of blood cancer in the body.
Biotherapy: Herein, the cancer patient is treated with substances that boost the body’s immune system to fight the cancer cells, and stop their growth. This kind of treatment uses the antibodies in targeting the blood cells.
Radiation Therapy: Here, the doctors expose the patient to high-energy rays to damage the cancer cells and stop their growth in the body.