Periodontal Disease Treatment2018-04-19
Periodontal diseases consist of infections that attack the teeth environment. That is all the structures that surround the teeth. First, these infections attack the gums making them bleed. Moreover, when the infections become severe, they attack all the tissues supporting your teeth. If not noted and treated, these infections can eat away the jawbone that offers support to your teeth hence making your teeth loosen and can easily come out.
These infections are caused a bacteria found in the dental plaque. A dental plaque is caused by improper cleaning of the teeth leaving food remains on your teeth to rot. So to prevent this disease, it’s highly recommended for you to maintain an oral hygiene.
However, suffering from the periodontal disease is not the end of the world because it can be successfully treated. The periodontal disease treatment involves the following procedures:
- Periodontal cleaning which involves removing the plaque and other deposits that are present on your root and tooth surfaces. It’s a nonsurgical exercise that helps your gums to heal and the swelling to reduce. In the process of the scaling, the dentist may give you a mouth rinse or painkillers that will help you reduce the pain.
- Secondly, in the periodontal disease treatment, after the cleaning exercise, the dentist will give you an appointment for your next visit. It involves examination of the effect of the cleaning. Mostly, many patients don’t require further treatment after the first process. Only a care to prevent the recurring of the problem not unless, after the examination, the results indicate that there are deep periodontal pockets or the jaw bone is lost. In case the two are present a surgery will be recommended.
- Consequently, an appointment day for the surgery will be booked. The surgery involves removing of inflamed tissues and also it helps in curbing the damaging of the teeth bone. During the surgery, the dentist can access the hidden areas under the gum and the roots where the plaque accumulates.
- Further, the dentist may recommend a bone surgery that involves bone grafts which are used to repair the bone that was damaged. In addition, filters, bone grafts or tissue proteins may be used to help your body have the ability to reproduce the bone and tissues. Also, appliances like bite guards or splints can be used in stabilizing your loose teeth as the tissues are regenerated during the healing.
- In some cases, gum tissues are eaten away in excess that results to performing of a soft tissue graft that aids in the prevention of further bone loss and gum damage for the two covers the roots and help in gum tissue development. It can be done on a tooth or on a number of them for an even gum line and ease the sensitivity.
Lastly, after this periodontal or gum disease treatment, the dentist will recommend a regular visit for the checkups and cleaning, just click on the link for your guide. This will help in keeping your gum free from diseases. In conclusion, don’t lose your teeth when you can have them treated.